Posts from Attendees
- 2018-07-09 chairperson hoodie and the issue of governance by Hoodie
- 2018-06-30 First #Together meeting thoughts
- 2017-04-23 Mourning Mastodon by kibi
- 2017-04-24 Mourning What Now?!?! by kibi
- 2018-06-25 Polls, General Requests, and Social Activism by Hoodie
- 2018-06-26 User Expectations, Software Design, and when breaking these rules of interaction can be acceptable by Hoodie
- 2018-06-29 Structuring your Open Source project for the purposes of Accessibility & Social Activism by Hoodie
- 2018-07-27 The Lifetime of an Issue / Feature Request, or How to get Involved as a User of a S.O.S.A.S.A. project by Hoodie
Other Articles of Interest
- 2018-06-29 Reclaiming RSS by Aral Balkan
- 2018-06-24 Decolonize Co-ops (by @email@example.com)
- 2018-06-23 Open source sustainability
- 2017-05-23 Mastodon project governance: the need for better governance was recognized well over a year before #forkTogether was a thing
- 2018-07-21 Suggestions:
- Ability to translate toots inline.
- Ability to block an entire instances from federating your toots. (Like I want my toot to only be seen on X,Y,Z instances and not TechBroSphere or something)
- Ability to ONLY post to my instance. (Glitch-Soc I think has this already)
- Ability to post a toot publicly where you can block all replies, or some replies. (Sometimes you need to vent and don't want DudeBros sliding into your replies)
- 2018-07-09 My opinion about #ForkTogether (thread): some constructive criticism
- More masto meta "How about instead of making mastodon more like twitter, we make Mastodon more like Mastodon? [..] Why does the image caption functionality still suck? Why do images render so slowly? Wheres the ability to add private notes to remind us why we blocked someone? Where's the timed "mute for x hours" feature? Why are profiles still so damn short? Why can't instances choose if they want an allow- or blocklist approach to federating?" (thread)
- "Mastodon will begin keeping track who you engage with without following...": this illustrates both a reason why a fork is needed and why the flat display of threading makes it difficult to have complex discussions
- 2018-07-04 "Mute/Block/Fave need to be reworked completely. ..." (@firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2018-07-28 "Proposal on image descriptions": Should be shown in the web UI, like in some smartphone apps (i.e. Tusky or Subway Tooter).
- 2018-07-31 "it would help newcomers who are confused about federation if every username had the domain, even local ones"
- 2018-07-30 "keyboard navigation isn't fully documented user side and/or is incomplete"
resources operated by members and available for FT use
- Nextcloud on cloud.vbz.net (Woozle)
- Redmine on rm.vbz.net (Woozle)
- Hubzilla on hub.iseeamess.com (Woozle)
- Disroot: "a platform providing online services based on principles of freedom, privacy, federation and decentralization."
- GetTogether (via)
- gettogether.community: flagship site
- Kroeg: "An ActivityPub server in C#"
- Quora: Are there any actual open source payment gateways, not just a library that integrates with other payment gateways?
- GetTogether (via)
- #REDIRECT Fork target
- ^ what's this for? -- Woozle