- Yeah, bugger --Rjt (talk) 13:15, 6 July 2018 (UTC)
- I'm gunna stick in a link to mastodon.social's page for the tag, seeing as that's likely to cover most of the fediverse. But I'll leave the unlinked tag there too so people can easy copy-paste — rjt (talk) 05:25, 7 July 2018 (UTC)
- Actually, umm... #hypertwins :-) (I'm using toot.cat as the workhorse server for the template, but I tested it on m.s as well; let me know if it doesn't seem to be working in some cases.) --Woozle (talk) 20:39, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
The basics about the meeting: This meeting type is based on very Swedish organisation formalities, it tends to be a good clear way to hold a meeting of this type, to get everyone’s voices heard, etc.
We will vote by Reactions, to questions, and the reactions will be listed in the message and as soon as one reaction is added it will be easier for you to vote.
The reaction votes will count as acclamation, ie. loud and enthusiastic approval/disapproval, rather than vote count, unless the meeting comes to the conclusion that it’s required to count votes on certain points. We can also table some discussions for a later decision. My aim is that we will get through the meeting in 1-2hrs.
So, what are we here for? We wanted to Fork Off, or at least investigate and entertain the possibility of forking. Realizing that forking can barely be done alone, unless you have a very particular skill set, we are coming together at this meeting today, to help complement each other’s experiences and knowledge, to hopefully create a better software.
Today we will start an Association, as a first step, a stepping stone if you like, a basis to work from, where the leaders of that association will get to do some of the hard work that’s ahead. Which is deciding organization form, country of formation, bank accounts, funding etc. However, they won't do it alone, as another goal of this meeting is to start a myriad of working groups, where people can put their foremost experiences to good use, and help this project get off the ground.
There seems to be a consensus of how we want this association to be, as in listening to each other, hearing marginalized voices in the development, and it’s part of the reason why we are all here. I hope that we can accomplish that together, by practice, rather than just saying that it’s what we want.
I have organized this meeting, because I felt the fediverse boiling, with anger, resentment, and disappointment, and I’m hoping we can turn that around, and put it to good use, to not make the same mistakes again. Thank you everyone for coming out today, and setting time aside for this meeting. Let’s get on with it.
- Thanks! (I've wrapped it in <blockquote></blockquote>, 'cause it turns out that works) :) --Rjt (talk) 13:23, 6 July 2018 (UTC)
- Oh thats handy (I’m actually way better at HTML than markdown style formatting, I just had no idea which tags the wiki used) --Satsuma (talk) 19:56, 6 July 2018 (UTC)